I had a client who wanted to do exactly that. They wanted to run a transactional 401(k) website for 1 million+ users off a single server running over a 56K dedicated modem. The user validation was through an Access VBA validation module.

After much argument, I built it to spec. Took 4 months to code, and more than 3 months for their IT people to install. At which point they realized their entire infrastructure was not Y2K compliant (Late October 1999), and quickly allowed themselves to be bought by a larger competitor.

You got to love customers, sometimes.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/08/04 03:22PM >>>
<snip>