Ok. I got that off. It was tough. I had to use two screwdrivers and press in at different points in other to get it to push out. I don't think it can be used again :-\

The new one fit in a lot easier though.

I'm onto the processor now. Reading through the big leaflet that came with the athlon about positioning the backplate, which seems as though it has to go beneath the motherboard and stick to it (Why don't they ship it in place already???) and then the retention thingy needs to screw into that.

I also see an odd power connector on the motherboard, and I know that my powersupply doesn't have a cube connector to fit it. So...I'm going to be loooking for a new power supply. BUt in the meantime I guess I can get everything else together.

I wonder..will it work at all without that connector?

-Gel