I’m a big gitHub fan. But:

>> * We won't have to maintain a CF email list,

This list is also used to ask questions about how to best use the CF
conventions, not just changes to CF.

And a list IS a good way to facilitate those conversations.

I also think it might bd good to have a list that recurved
notifications of new discussion — though not every post!

Still a listserve fan,

-Chris