        From:   Daniel Murphy [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:22
        To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject:        237 checkboxes

        I have search form that contains a large amount of yes/no check
boxes -237
        to be exact. It is to search the results of a survey that has 237
questions.

        Only when a checkbox is checked will data be sent from the form.
Because of
        this I need to check if each variable is present. I can create 237
"CFIF
        IsDefined" statements to see if the variables are present. The other
option
        is to set 237 CFPARAM variables to "NO" as default, and then create
my
        dynamic SQL statements with CFIF tags checking for "YES".

        The problems with these two options is that they are slow and will
take a
        long time to code.

        I was thinking:

        Is there a way to create a loop that will run through all the values
from
        the form - creating a query and output for each one.

        Thanks, Dan