> Could you enhance upon why you need to use cflock?  Thanks!

Any time you read or write to memory variables (session, application,
server) you should use CFLOCK. If you're using CF 4.5, you should use the
SCOPE attribute in your CFLOCK tag, otherwise use the NAME attribute.

If you don't, you risk memory corruption issues, which you'll most likely
see under heavy load. You might think that you don't have to lock accesses
to session variables, especially reads of those variables, since sessions
are associated with a single user. You'd be wrong. There are cases when
multiple scripts may access the same session variables simultaneously, such
as in a frameset, but also it seems that without explicitly locking the
variables, even if they're not being accessed simultaneously, bad things may
happen under heavy load. I don't know why that is, but I do know that you
can prevent it by religiously using CFLOCK.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444