Veronica wrote:

>Well, it's late here, too. However I couldn't help noticing your use of our
>registered acronym in your posting.
>
>You'll hear from our lawyers now, I'm affraid.

Geez... I think I'd rather deal with Amazon.com than you guys. <g>

David Shadovitz wrote:

>I would encourage all programmers to think of themselves as software
>engineers.  The difference is that s/w engineers follow a process.  Web
>development seems particularly weak in this area.  Process means managing
>he software lifecycle, from gathering requirements, to design, design
>eview, code, code review, testing, release, configuration, and
>maintenance.  The Software Engineering Institute
>(http://www.sei.cmu.edu/) is a good source.

I heartily agree.  There is so much hurry to get to market that web projects
often suffer in the long run.  I would also encourage all programmers to
think of themselves as artists and take just as much pride in how the code
was written as they do in the end result.

I guess maybe I'm babbling now.  Going to bed... catch all you crazy patent
people when its light out.

Regards,
Seth Petry-Johnson
Ex-Acronym thief, Reformed