It depends on how they've got it setup with the javascript.  If it's
basically just a page you can hit via http, then using <cfhttp> would work.
 <cfhttp> saves what it retrieves as a variable anyway.  No reason you
couldn't save it into APPLICATION scope and refresh it at will.  Or use it
on a page with <cfcache>.

Sharon