My apologies but I haven't been following the thread too closely, is the
variable scoped and are the application names unique?  Dave is probably
right on the money with this one, my guess is that a simultaneous write was
occuring and the server is corrupting the variable memory.  Allaire was here
last week load testing and I picked up a lot of knowledge about using CFLOCK
- Raymond Camden can testify to this too, methinks.

In a similar memory corruption scenario, we found that Server was
unresponsive after applying a light load of about 30 simultaneous users
against our server - all sorts of nasty looking errors in our logs, etc.
Wrapping our session and application scopes inside CFLOCKS brought our
access times down considerably, and we were able to throw 4x the number of
simultaneous sessions without the server so much as blinking.

Regards,
Ryan

Ryan Hill, MCSE
Director, Systems Integration