From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 12:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: cfcontent to rtf and netscape problem

> I'm using cfcontent to generate RTF files and it works fine, with
> the exception of one small problem when using Netscape. The first
> time I generate the document, the file opens properly as
> "Employees.rtf". If I generate the document again, the file opens
> as something like "VUUUT6QP.rtf". If I close Netscape and generate
> the document again, it again opens properly as "Employees.rtf".
> Basically it appears that any subsequent reloads of the document
> during the same Netscape session create a new name for the document.

This sounds like a client-side caching issue. Try adding a CFHEADER (or
three: courtesy of Larry Meadors) to instruct the browser not to cache the
RTF file:

<cfheader name="pragma" value="no-cache">
<cfheader name="cache-control" Value="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate">
<cfheader name="expires" value="<cfoutput>#now()#</cfoutput>">

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444