From: Chris Montgomery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 11:50 AM
Subject: RE: Setting Up ODBC Datasources Thru CF Administrator

I failed to mention that I started experiencing this problem under
version 4.01, before I ever upgraded to 4.5.1.  I suspect you're
correct, something must have gotten corrupted, but I can't say exactly
when that might have occurred.

Chris

I've downloaded Win98 updates on a regular basis.  Will check again for
the latest.

<snip>
>This sounds like a Java problem; CF Administrator uses the CFTREE Java
>Applet to let you browse the filesystem. You might try using a
>different
>browser, and making sure the URL path /CFIDE/classes works.
>
>Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

You could be right, and that's one of the things I've suspected to this
point.  I've used both IE 5 and Netscape 4.7 with the same results.  I
get the "Select File on the Server" window to come up and the
"Retrieving initial directories..." message at the top of the directory
tree, but it never gets beyond that.

How can I test the /cfide/classes path?

The other thing I thought might be causing problems is MDAC
related...but then I realized I probably wouldn't be able to
successfully use the ODBC Data Source Administrator if that were so.
Still, I ran the MDAC Component Checker program and received a bunch of
Field Mismatch/FileDescription/FileVersion errors, so maybe it's time to
clean up the MDAC components, too.

Thanks for the various replies.

Chris Montgomery
astutia.com -> http://www.astutia.com  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Astute e-business applications & web site development
      210-490-3249/888-745-7603   Fax 210-490-4692
Allaire Consulting Partner/Authorized NetObjects Reseller
  Find a Job in San Antonio ->  http://www.sajobnet.com
 Need professional help? -> http://www.psychadvisor.com