From:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at internet
Sent:     Thursday, May 11, 2000 9:40 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at internet
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] at internet
Subject:     RE: Who's running IIS4/CF4.5.1 on WNT4 SP5 ??

> After about 4 days or so IIS and CF stop responding
> completley. I can stop the CF service and restart it
> but it doesn't affect it... I don't know how to completely
> start and stop the IIS service though.. I know how to stop
> the individual websites but not the webserver as a whole...
> Anyways my only fix at the time is to completely reboot
> the system...... I installed all the patches in Allaires
> security zone and have dug through the server and event
> logs on the system searching and not finding anything
> relevant...

That's our exact production setup. You should be aware that CF 4.5.1 doesn't
release memory as did previous versions, so if you have memory leaks in any
of the components used in your applications (ODBC drivers, COM objects, etc)
you will end up cycling the service on a regular basis.

You shouldn't have to stop the web server; if you do, there might be a
non-CF related problem with IIS. However, you can cycle that service as
well. It's labeled "World Wide Web Publishing Service" in the Services list
in the Control Panel or through Server Manager, or you can stop it from the
command line with the command "net stop w3svc".

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444