Mostly my cookies are just CFID and CFToken.  On some sites, I store a login
ID (a long, random number).  That could only be useful if somebody wanted to
mimic a user.  Since I don't get involved in e-commerce too much, there
isn't much to be gained financially from mimicing a user on my sites.  On
some sites, you could potentially mimic a user and gain access to
information that is not available to the public.

Frankly, if anybody sets up a site to suck cookies from site visitors (I'm
just theorizing), it would seem that they are going to need a lot of site
traffic to make the effort worth the while.  And then they would really only
want to parse out domains where users store their credit card information
and that information is fully displayed to them, and that's not Amazon.  I
supposed, some really malicious person could suck a bunch of Amazon cookie
info and force feed beanie babies to people all over the country.

Again, I'm just thinking this hack is of extremely limited value.  It's not
good news and it should be fixed but it doesn't seem like a huge threat.
But, then again, the media is going to play it that way.

H. <-- a member of the media

Howard Owens
Web Producer
InsideVC.com