> Hi - can any hardened CF'ers let me know what they think please.
> I currently
> use Access for our CF stuff. I have a quite few tables with maybe 100 rows
> max in each but one large table with our library catalogue in it that has
> about 15,000 rows. We've moved to some new CF space where we also have
> access to SQL Server 7 - would there be any advantage moving to
> SQL Sever as
> I hear a bit of talk about it on this list.

OK, here's just a few of the advantages of using SQL Server over Access;
It's a real database engine, rather than a user engine (Access is designed
for desktop use)
Access has a 50 concurrent user problem - SQL Server doesn't
SQL Server runs a more complete version of SQL - Access runs it's own flavor
SQL Server has optimizers (like NOLOCK) to speed up access
SQL Server has built in options to speed up queryies, like @@identity
SQL Server has stored procedured

I could go on, but I'm boring myself with this list <g>

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133

"Websites for the real world"