Todd,Stacy,Jesse
        Thanks for the great posts... I am fairly aware of coding patterns and
styles..
        Code that scale and different ways of scaling.
        eg (short-cut eval,evaluate,if, switch, IIF..coded right, cfscript,
Conditional looping rather
        nested (CFIF) test looping, variable scoping etc to name a few..)

        Almost all the posts back.. "Poor Coding"... Can you tell me how you can
improve
        a LOOP in CFMX Vs CF5.0???
        You can do INDEX/CONDITION/Script(For,While) .. There might be some
advantage
        in cases where you can <CFSCRIPT> other wise.. i dont see.. how you can
optimize
        a LOOP FOR CFMX Vs CF.50.
        <cfset x="">
        <cfloop index="i" from="1" to="100000">
        <cfset x=x&i>
        </cfloop>
        All the basic functions in CF are almost the same.. Its only when you get
into CUSTOM TAGS/functions
        which can be implemented in .CFC which can be called CFMX optimized code...
        What if you are not using CUSTOM TAGS?.. this is generic question.. i am
not
        trying to GET into Custom Tags topic.
        To make my point clear...I think Basic operations in CFMX show a degraded
Performance
        under load...for specific settings..
        I am trying to do the research.. you guys might be right.. There might be
some internal CFMX
        settings that prove.. CFMX Scales better than... CF.50..
        Well..where are the MAGIC SETTINGS (MM docs.. dont think so!)..
        Probably in the HEAD    of some ENGINEER MM LAIDOFF.

Joe
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]