From: Todd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 9:12 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX Taking all CPU Resources?

Joe you're not using the fusebox methodology by any chance are you?

Personally I'd love to see Joe submit this code for the app so we can break
it apart for him and show him why it's not scaling well.  I think it's time
for those people that have CFMX running take a stand and say, "Gee, well..
I've been running it for over 2 months and ... whew... does it fly."  Every
situation is unique I realize, but this is not rocket science here and no
one will ever admit that the fault just might lie in their code.  It's very
easy to stand up and start swearing and place the blame and it's always
time consuming to get to the root of the problem and swearing and placing
the blame isn't going to get you there any faster...

Has anyone on the list thought about creating a peer review mailing
list?  I realize that not everyone can sit and stare at code (we all have
our own stuff to do), I myself would be curious about being reviewed by my
peer to see if I'm on the right track.

~Todd

At 09:53 AM 7/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Is the app large? Are you able to break the test down to just portions at a
>time? Long shot but perhaps there's a particular operation taking place
that
>causes the memory spike.
>
>Stace

Todd Rafferty ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.web-rat.com/
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/
Moderator @ FlashCFM.com - http://www.flashCFM.com/
Back-end Moderator @ Ultrashock.com - http://www.ultrashock.com/