> MM's performance brief is probably based on optimized
> CFMX code and maybe optimized CF.50 code. How do you
> think this is going to help any of us.. unless the docs
> say.. Change all your code to get "THIS" performance.
> Have you personally done any LOAD Testing with your CF5.0
> code (run on CFMX) that uses almost all the features of
> CF5.0? WDDX? Functions? Graphs(of Course deprecated)?
> CFSCRIPT? The problems reported so far.. has been the
> results of Tests done by different users. We are still
> testing.. hope will find out something.

OK. At this point, you seem to be doing load testing, right? Rather than
worry about the MM performance brief, or looking for nonexistent CF
MX-specific tuning hints, I'd recommend that you use your load testing to
find out the specific things that are slow within your application. If you
want, you could then compare those bottlenecks to the ones you had in CF 5,
but that's not necessary. Then, see if you can identify the CF MX
bottlenecks, let people know what they are, and look for solutions to those
specific problems. It won't do any good for you to just say "I'm load
testing, and it's slower" - you have to find the specific things that are
slower (which is part of a typical performance tuning load test procedure).

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444