From: Chris Kief [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 2:59 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX Taking all CPU Resources?

Joe,

After reading your recent slew of posts, I feel compelled to speak up
(as others already have) for the majority of CFMX users on this list
that are doing just fine with the product. Sure, some things are running
slower (COM for sure) and waiting for page compilations on _development_
boxes is a slight nuisance. But in the overall scheme of things, most of
us are doing just fine with CFMX and we're finding similar results with
our production applications as Macromedia did with their tests (read the
performance brief:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/whitepapers/pdf/cfmx_perfo
rmance_brief.pdf). For what is basically a 1.0 release, it's pretty damn
good.

I believe this is where Sean and others are coming from on this. We're
not having your type of trouble with our code (I should note here that
I'm not paying attention to CPU usage. Rather I'm monitoring response
times and throughput which matter more to the end user's experience).

So this leads us to the question that Sean has been asking all along,
what are YOU doing in YOUR tests? The more information you can provide
about your specific situation the better. Response times and code
samples would be the best place to start. Have you run your app. with
debugging turned on? If so, what pages are bottlenecking the
application? Can we get some code samples from those?

There are many of us that would like to help in this situation, but I
have to agree with Sean, the lack of details on your behalf is making it
rather difficult. If you really want to get to the root of your issues,
give us a something more to go on.

Chris Kief