From: Sean A Corfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 10:10 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: X-server?

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 09:20 , Ian Lurie wrote:
> I don't know about offensive but it seems like Macromedia may be missing
> an
> opportunity here. The X Server is a screaming deal - inexpensive, fast and
> easy to work with. If CF MX worked on it it'd be a great niche market that
> you-know-who would have a hard time penetrating with .Net.

Bringing a product to market on a 'new' platform is a big expense and
commitment: QA and support are much bigger issues than actually get it
working. The Verity question is a big one too - I would say that there's
really no chance of Verity ever working on OSX which opens the question of
what the Verity-related tags should do in CFMX-for-OSX.

Yes, the X Serve is a sweet beast and very reasonably priced (dammit, the
Mac in general is very reasonably priced: I just quoted a Dell for my wife
at $4,300 all-in so I looked at the identical setup from Apple - same
software, peripherals etc - and it was only $3,500 for the equivalent iMac!
).

Personally, I'd love to see us support CFMX on OSX. I'm just not holding
my breath.

-- Margaret Atwood