I love this thread. And I appreciate the advice and encouragement from
the ones of you farther down the road. Could someone comment on how to
interpret the jobs listings we find online? I personally am ready to
find a great company to work for, but the listings I find tend to put up
some awfully steep requirements, including all sorts of other experience
besides CF. Like many, I've dabbled with Perl, CGI, ASP and half a dozen
authoring programs. But it's intimidating to think a company is wanting
strong skills in all of these.

More comments, please!

Thanks,
John Allred

"Gregory Gooden (Annex)" wrote:

> Sharon,
>
> Truer words were never spoken!.. As a company that has recently been very
> agressive in hiring CF folke, I can tell you that a URL is worth a thousand
> words. High school dropout? No problem. If you've got the "stuff", then
> companies like ours overlook that kinda stuff.. :)
>
> Gregory

> annex.com, Inc. - http://www.annex.com/
> - If you EcoBuild it, they will come. -
> - http://www.ecobuilder.com/ -