I had users do this to register for a forum I modified (e-mail registration
is cool =), and basically in the page the form is submitted to i put a

<cfif Form.password1 NEQ Form.password2>
        [error message, javascript to pop up an altert and send them back, or
something]
</cfif>

That worked fine.

Pablo Nevares