> Very interesting strategy -- to leverage the existence of
> the Flash plug-in without requiring Flash as a programming
> tool --
>
> How much of the Flash interface is a published standard &
> not subject to change?
>
> If the interface is not a published standard, then this
> approach is headed for trouble.

The Flash IDE isn't necessary for developing Flash files; there are other
tools already available for doing this, and I've talked to people who are
developing their own Flash IDEs. I suspect that anyone building a
"developer-centric" Flash IDE will be overtaken by Macromedia's own progress
in this area, though.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496