table wizard is initially in objects pallet - then after that - you;ll
notice to mini graphics on the button left of the properties menu -
that's where you can add and rmeove columns or just right mouse click
>table

As for DW changing code - I have still run into that - AND the other day
- aggrevated me to now end - I could change a tag - it kept changing it
back.

Other than that - I do find DW code hinting and color coding to be very
helpful - and line numbers are displayed

I on a daily basis open CF Studio - but being a designer often need to
upload icons and stuff- of which - cf studio while in ftp mode is
impossible.

I am a a heavy DW user that as I code more and more in CF find that I am
opening cf studio a heck of alot more if I need to make fast changes on
a live site -

DW;s FTP is horrendous - slow, full of errors, chokes on large files-
but has that nice feature - include all relevant.linked files. I have
also found that DW"s code it produces in query wizards and such are
horrific - all that gibberish -. BUT - Server side includes being
included on live design view --is well - long awaited.

CF STudio - no FTP for new art or easy way to work with that but MUCH
faster for changing files on the server.

oh well - maybe one day it will all come together
jay
Chad Gray wrote:

I have been forcing myself to get use to Dreamweaver, and so far I am
alright with the software.  I still load up CF studio out of habit.  I
had to do a lot of customization to the preferences to get it to work
like CF Studio.  I am still not completely happy with it yet.

I like the way it includes the <cfincludes> in the design view.  Finally
a graphic display that understands server side programming.

I like that you can see code, and design at the same time.  I had to
turn off all those shield looking things (invisible elements)... what is
the use of them?  They just clutter things up.

The whole site manager thing is a PITA.  I have not taken the time to
add all of our web sites to it.

You cannot drag and drop images to the code unless you are in asset
view.  You can drag and drop images to the design view, but not code.  I
thought that was pretty strange.

I really like that it knows and cod

es XHTML tags.

I have not run into problems where dreamweaver starts changing code
behind your back and without asking if it is alright.  I have heard a
few people on CFTalk mention that dreamweaver does this.  If it does
happen that will be the straw that breaks the camels back.  I hate
programs that change code and code formatting.

Im still learning where all the icons are for things like turning off/on
word wrap etc... but for the most part I am getting use to the new
software.

Oh.. what happened to the table wizard?  Where you can start making
colspans, and rowspans etc in a graphic interface?  I LOVED that table
wizard in CF Studio.