I think that's a given.  But I think what he was wanting to know is ...
once you discover an infinite loop is running, what can you do to stop it
other than restart the server?

Which seems like a sound thing to want to know.  It would be pretty
obvious that if you don't discover an infinite loop while you're writing
the routine, the next most likely time to discover it is when it runs.
What then?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development