From: Richard Meredith-Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 1:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: ArcIMS and Cold Fusion

>  if you
> sliced & diced your imagery (say aerial photos) properly you could build a
> nifty image server w/cf. but real internet GIS/location stuff needs
> something that knows geography.

Depends what you call 'knows geography'.  The maps at
http://www.adventuredirectory.com work on this basis and are calibrated
so it knows lat & long.  The final presentation of nice raster maps is
infinitely superior to most vector map systems I have seen which
generally seem to zoom in to less and less useful info (rather than
more, which I suppose is the point of them).  Similar system at
http://www.pti.org.uk