> In my previous mail, I was not saying, that Vignette
> naming was a great one. I was just explaining that
> it was linked to the way their caching system works.
>
> I definitely agree : if you can have "friendly URL",
> you should keep them friendly (and avoiding UUID
> is already one way to do it). "Why making thing
> complex, if you can make them simple" is
> a CF motto... ;)

Yea, I think I was misinterpreting your response... I've been pretty
keyed-up lately actually... I'm doing outside consulting work and the best
I've been able to get recently has been an MLM scheme which I really dislike
.. but it's a paycheck.

Vignette's caching system still doesn't sound all that dissimilar from
Tapestry's accept that Tapestry doesn't generate the cached templates in
response to visitor requests -- it generates them on a schedule or in
response to a manual update by a Tapestry user with permission to view the
Update Manager. And browser capabilities isn't a native feature of Tapestry
although there's nothing preventing browser identification and tailoring
being added in any number of ways, either by adding features to the core
application or by managing the customizable, object-oriented content types.

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046