This is a repost with a slightly different flavor:

Objective:

Connect a windows machine (emulated with VirtualPC) to a network on the
host Mac OS X machine.

The CF tie-in is that I want to Use CFMX on OS X to manipulate
MS-Access databases on the Emulated windows machine.  The MS-Access
databases will not be used in production, rather, the CF programs will
extract the MS-Access data and put it into a more-robust RDBMS (usually
validating data, changing the schema, normalizing, etc.).  CFML is an
excellent language for doing this,

This is not just an Mac OS X issue -- A Linux or Unix-based CFMX system
often needs to get data from MS-Access databases.

Sure there other ways to do this, but they all involve extra steps
and/or extra hardware & fiddling around -- the elegant way is to write
a CF program to directly manipulate the MS-Access tables and create and
populate the real RDBMS tables (normalizing and creating relationships
in the process).

The first step to do this is to get the Host Mac and winXP machines
thinking they are on the same network

I was trying to do this with winNT under Jaguar.

I got a lot of help from Sean Daniels and Dave Watts, but never got it
working.

They were both using later versions of windows.

Yesterday, I bought and installed (under VPC)  WinXP Upgrade. (Jeez,
and people bitch about the cost of OS X, but that's another story...)

I used all the setup wizards and XP works fine -- I can access the
Internet, from XP, over the shared IP connection,

But, winXP doesn't see the host Mac and the Host Mac doesn't see winXP.

Help?

TIA

Dick