I'm curious (again!). Just starting to use UDFs to any extent... what are
the overheads (if any) involved in CFINCLUDEing one or more large libraries
of UDFs?

I've found various references, but I can't find something that hits the nail
on the head. Here's a few things I think or am unclear about:

- I guess it's wise to have cfm UDF library files, not to have each UDF in
its own cfm file.

- And I guess if this is so, they're best divided up by function, as per
cflib.org.

- But how large should a UDF library be? Is the developer's preference the
limit (i.e. maintainence issues)? Or would it affect performance if you're
including too big a file when you might not be using all of the functions in
a request? Is this just one of the balances to work out?

- Also, if you've got all your functions in a few libraries, should you just
CFINCLUDE them all in Application.cfm? Again, is this affecting
performance - a bit? Significantly?

Am I getting confused with libraries of JS files, where you obviously don't
want a user to download a massive JS file when they might only use a few
functions in using a web site. As UDFs don't have any sort of life past the
server, what does CFINCLUDE mean in this context? Is it just creating a
reference to the file, so it knows where to find the functions, or does it
have to parse/compile the file each request?

Any light welcome!

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: http://www.tengai.co.uk