My experience... I was having a nightmare of a time until the updater
came out.. but since then, mx has been working great for me. I haven't had
to reboot since I installed the updater.
I was in the beta program, and by the end of the beta program, all of
my code was working fine on my test machine, even under load testing, but
when it went live on a high volume site - the nightmares started.. java
database connector problems which stopped all web pages from displaying
until a reboot - sometimes restarting services weren't enough... I went
back to cf 5 for my old sites, but had to keep MX for a site I developed
using the advanced features. Note - my test machine didn't have that
problem, which means I couldn't even reproduce the problem using my own code.
My point: no matter how hard we test in a beta program, until you go live
in the real world, a lot of these problems don't pop up. The best to hope
for is to be able to have them fixed quickly when they are found.
Which brings me to my idea:
Obviously, there are way too many messages in cf-talk for MM to respond
to. How about when a problem pops up like this one, Michael puts up a poll
to see how many people are affected and how severe a problem it is for
them. Once it hits a certain level - say 100 people with a minor problem
or 5 people with a major problem, a MM tech support agent is assigned to
help fix it over this mailing list - so the people it affects can help
supply the code and answers to help the tech support guy figure out what is
going on and fix it? And we get feedback on how the fix is coming along.
Al Musella
a1webs.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for
dependable ColdFusion Hosting.