I can just throw ColdFusion out the window we have a lot of applications
that need to be converted so we will be using it for quite a while...

What I envision is using CF for quick or small projects that have to
much overhead... A great example is a project I am finishing up now...
We need to write out a bunch of text files from records sets from
oracle... A pain in the a** to do in ASP or .net but with CF it's a
breeze.

I would like to keep it around for things like that and any flash data
work we do but outside of that I don't see it being a major part of any
of our enterprise applications.

As I said before personally I will ocntinue to use CF for my business
and ecommerce sites. I love the product but I just think that the .NET
stuff has the edge at this time... For Microsoft orgainzations that
is...

One decision my company just made is to give up on UNIX and oracle and
switch enitrelly to micrososft world SQL server all NT servers and all
NET development... The prinicipal is great

1 company
1 development platform
1 programming team that all knows the same stuff

But having been at other 100% microsoft organizations.... I have seen
what happens when you put all of your eggs in 1 basket.

I think getting rid of Oracle on AIX & Linux is a big mistake for us...
Especially in favor of  NT based SQL server... Especially after we've
already bought oracle and set it up and have it running without issue...
But that's a separate issue.

But the big decision maker was the ability to roll out our apps in
multiple formats...

If CF allowed up that then it would be a no brainer to stay with CF..

KP