Thanks Lee. Are you running Win2K? Probably. I did have that problem also,
and I pulled out a few hairs over it. Have you tried rebooting? Win2k seems
to have some issues with permissions and sometimes requires  a reboot for
things to take effect.

I'm just looking at my settings and the Internet Guest Account has
read/read & execute on the cfusion directory, the web site root and also
the CFIDE folder. I'm not sure if the CFIDE folder is necessary, and this
may be a security issue. Although our CFIDE directory is only accessible
via an authenticated login..

I'd try those settings, reboot, and then If that works, try removing the
CFIDE setting for additional security.