> Not being able to use cfqueryparam (or cfprocparam, which is also a
> typed variable) is a very good reason not to do that.
>
> Apart from that, using TSQL already confines you to using one
> specific RDBMS, so the exception I mentioned applies. Although I
> still doubt that somebody not being a full-time DBA would know
> all the intricacies of the escape characters/sequences and delimiters.

Saying that, if you're building your systems to work on your hardware,
I'd expect you to know the oddities of the RDMS

If you're using MS SQL Server, then you'd know all about it's escapes
and the TSQL limitations (as well as the accelerators), if you're using
Oracle, then you should know those

If you want true 100% compaitibility, then sure, use CFQueryParam, but
if you want to do 50 small inserts in a row, sending those requests as
separate CFQuery tags is pretty much insane - building one big TSQL
statement with one hit to the database server is a much better solution

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited