Philip Arnold - ASP wrote:

> Saying that, if you're building your systems to work on your hardware,
> I'd expect you to know the oddities of the RDMS

I would expect that too. But experience tells me not many people know
how their RDBMS handles the not everyday functionality.

> If you want true 100% compaitibility, then sure, use CFQueryParam

Again, compatibility was exactly the point I was making.

> but if you want to do 50 small inserts in a row,

"in a row"? Do you mean updates of one row of a table or subsequent
inserts into a table?

>  sending those requests as separate CFQuery tags is pretty much insane
> - building one big TSQL statement with one hit to the database server
> is a much better solution

Why would that be insane?

Jochem