Sean,

afaik your suggestion only applies to IIS application mappings, which is based on file
extensions.

I think the problem here is that the CFMX JRun Connector for IIS is not intercepting
urls like http://host/servlet/MyServlet and http://host/myMapping/MySerlvet. The same
is probably occurring with the JRun Connector for Apache.

When using the CFMX internal web server, the servlet mappings declared on the web.xml
config file are being processed as expected, and it's possible to call a servlet using
a url like http://host:8500/myMapping/MySerlvet.

The same problem on MM forum:
http://webforums.macromedia.com/coldfusion/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=344321

Thanks,