When doing mass mailings in CF via CFMAIL I do a couple of things to
keep from getting black flagged by MSN and AOL:

1. Send email messages as individual items via a routine that throttles
down the send rate.  Blasting out hundreds of messages to AOL accts in
an instant caused them to clamp down on one of my clients and deny mail
with 'unknown recipient' messages for a short period of time.  Same
thing happened to their hotmail-using members.  I use a rate of 14400
per hour (60 msgs every 15 seconds).  Obviously not so great for really
big stuff.  No idea what any sort of upper threshold is.

2.  Use cfmailparam to prop up cfmail's crummy header info.  Before
using these my own server side anti-spam software failed cfmail messages
on two tests.

<cfmailparam name="Reply-To" value="#senderaddress#">
<cfmailparam name="Message-ID"
value="<#CreateUUID()#@#validemailservername#>">

--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.