UBE = Unsolicited Bulk Email AKA SPAM.

No, because smart people rightly don't trust them to remove and in fact
consider them "honey pots" for collecting/validating emails to be used for
other mass mailings. No honor among thieves!

End users call me all the time about "Does this sound legit" for spam. I
give them the same thing I say about telemarketing, "Are you going to
reward them for hassling you?".

Read the privacy policy & it probably uses double speak to get around the
checking of DND box. =)

Right, they're making you work to get around them. Send 'em a bill for your
labor!

<rant>
Forrester campaign here in NJ got a NO vote from me just based on their
handling of UBE sent to me. Can't elect a schlep that use UBE because he'd
never sign-off on anti-spam legislation.
</rant>

At 12:29 PM 11/13/2002, Jeffry Houser wrote:
>I'll ask a different question.
>
>   Is E-mail marketing viewed as being different than SPAM?
>   How about unsolicited E-mail marketing?  Do people feel differently if
>contacted a single time by a legit business with a valid return E-mail
>address than if they are contacted by some porn site with a hotmail / yahoo
>account?  I have an associate who is starting a recording studio business
>and E-mailed a bunch of local bands unsolicited.  I was given the
>impression he got a good response from that.
>
>   When you vote on the CFDJ reader awards, and select "do not contact me"
>checkbox and they go ahead and contact you anyway, does that constitute
>SPAM?  ( It happened to three friends who were nice enough to vote for my
>book in the Best Book category )
>
>   On Halloween, I deleted all of my SPAM deletion filters under the
>assumption they weren't working.  Since then I started creating new
>filters, that move everything SPAM into a SPAM folder.  I have received 248
>SPAM messages since Halloween.  I created 112 filters just for SPAM domains.

Joshua MacCraw
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jmaccraw