From: Paris Lundis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 8:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: secure email...

so we are in the process of changing email servers and we toggled
relaying on and somehow the malicious spammers found it in record time
and started bombing us with email to broadcast... That we are going to
address on Monday in litigation against the sending companies...

I was wondering how people were dealing with email from Cold Fusion
applications to respond to such issues... Since CFMAIL doesn't support
any login and password login type stuff...

We have applications like mail to a friend that are particularly
troublesome where the origin is an email that is not local to our
servers and the recipient isn't local either... by every definition it
fits the whole looks like spam definition to a properly closed email
server...

Interested in hearing what everyone is doing :)

Paris Lundis
Founder
Areaindex, L.L.C.
http://www.areaindex.com
http://www.pubcrawler.com
412-292-3135
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]