I imagine you can pass just about any variable you want to,
however, it might be smart to try in some way to validate
that the reply to is a valid email address or to discard the
email completely.

One of the advantages I discovered using the REPLYTO is that
when the addressee had a vacation reply or auto-responder
set up, it will not go into a mail loop.  Those make sys
admins very mad at you.

I am trying to write a custom tag that will do a SMTP
verify, to try to catch bad email addresses, but it is not
yet ready for prime time :-)

For those that were talking about using Linux,  I have been
successfully using Sendmail and with Mailman to support the
mailing lists.
(Imail on Windows has all this built-in)  but am in the
process of switching the Linux mail server to Postfix, which
is an all-in-one package that will handle email, list
server, and web mail, and WebMin for remote administration.

Both my Imail and my sendmail servers are high volume, as I
support free hosting for User groups, and their mail lists.
Rarely is email taking longer than one to two minutes to
deliver, and in those cases, it is usually a reluctant
receiving mail server that causes the delay.
Hotmail is the worst offender, but right in there is
Verizon.net, and earthlink.

Douglas White
group Manager
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]