Hi

Layout:
I use pencil and paper to lay out tables and forms.  I have seen others use
Paint Shop Pro to take screen shots and move things around, and then
implement in HTML using CF Studio 5 (and notepad).

SQL:
I use SQL+ to prepare views and complicated queries.

Site Structure:
Pencil and paper flow charts are the most flexible for me.  If I had better
Visio skills I would probably use Visio here.

Graphics:
I use Paint Shop Pro to mock up simple graphics, icons and text-based
images.
I use Google's Image Search to 'create' more complicated graphics.
(Copyright, anyone?)

Databases:
MS Access to prepare db structure

Project management:
I don't like MS Project - don't like the resource allocation stuff, so I
just use a flat document like a Word doc or email messages and reminders.

When it's time to display a demo I usually use a light-weight CF App with
hard-coded data.

HTH