This is exactly my point - I've seen ActivEdit before and it's a
fabulous product, and this is what I had assumed Contribute is - just a
desktop-only version. And yes, you're right, JAVA Applets probably
aren't the best method. I have yet to find a product like ActivEdit that
works well on say a MAC running Mozilla (granted I haven't used your 3.0
product). I was merely stating that it would be nice to see our software
vendor make a plugin solution for this niche. Although, perhaps not so
nice for the folks at CFDev ;)

>From my experience, albeit not as much as many of you on the list, when
I toss in a product like the SiteObjects editor into a customer's site,
they love it. They can make the small, text-based changes that they want
to make, I don't have to deal with minor text modifications or even
adding photographs or links and they save money. It's not really a
matter of taking money out of your pocket unless you live by small
static HTML changes - if you do then I see your concern, but a desktop
application that can be used without your knowledge, input or assistance
would scare me more than something web-based that you setup and
implement for them (like ActivEdit). From my experience, when you give
customers tools to make their lives easier and that save them time and
money, they come back to you for the dynamic stuff that we all love to
build.

Anyway, my original post was more of a cry for something like ActivEdit
that would be official "Macromedia Software" that would work across
multiple browsers and platforms. I guess I should just look into
ActivEdit and keep my mouth shut about Macromedia making their own.

Again, I'm still lost as to how anyone would lose money because of
Contribute any more than they would with something like FrontPage or
Dreamweaver or ActivEdit for that matter. If someone wants to maintain a
static HTML site with an extremely litmited toolset more power to them.
That's sort of like being worried by pen manufacturers because you're a
writer - true some people will write themselves, but if they want
professional quality then they'll need to consult a professional.

Anyway, this is pretty OT at this point and probably belongs on another
list. Sorry for starting an OT thread.

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]