On 12/9/02, Matt Brown penned:
>Matt Brown here. I am the community manager for CT and Dreamweaver.
>
>I think you sum up the product really well in this paragraph. CT is
>designed to take away the simple and silly things that need changing, not
>the big updates and design changes. What our target customers tell us is
>that they are going to do more with the web if they can have more input for
>the contributors. OTOH, CT is not a CMS really, it doesn't do strict
>approvals, it does not do time based publishing, it does not put data into
>a database, it really only works with static pages. I think there is a good
>niche for it in many many workflows, but not all. I also think that it is
>going to get you more work not less over time because people are going to
>really want to do more once they can do some...

Yeah. Anyone can go out and buy Dreamweaver for less than they pay me
to build their website, but I haven't run out of work yet. :) Just
because they have a tool, doesn't mean they'll be able to use it for
much more than menial tasks. And even with the backup/rollback
features, I can guarantee that I'll now have customers calling and
saying "Um, Bud. I got this thing called Contribute, and now I've
destroyed my website. Can you help?" :-D
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452