I would clarify C a bit by stating that any CFC to be used as a web
service or with Flash Remoting should be decoupled from the HTTP
request. That means no using cfoutput as well as not depending on values
from scopes such as request, url, form, cgi, and session. However, it is
perfectly fine to pass the CFC a reference to the HTTP request.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/