From: jon roig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 10:35 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Cold Fusion forum (OPEN SOURCE?)

I've open sourced small things in CF, but as for Open Sourcing a big
project... why on earth would I want to do that on a platform that is
inherently not free?

As much as I like CF and working in it -- I do make a living from it --
I'd
much rather do my open source programming in a language that presents no
$$$
barrier to adoption, a platform that anyone on earth can use, regardless
of
financial backing. (I created OpenRealty --
http://jonroig.com/freecode/openrealty in PHP, for instance, and it's
being
used by hundreds of sites...)

I'm not one of those little Stallman groupies either... and that's also
not
to say there aren't little pockets of OS CF stuff developing. I mean,
look
at CFLIB.org and how helpful that has been to the community.

        -- jon

jon roig
senior manager, online production
epilepsy foundation