> What's the advantage of running through a webserver such
> as Apache versus the web server that's built in to JRun?
> Mind you, I'm talking about *CFMX FOR JRUN*, not CFMX
> standalone. I know about the standalone performance
> differences, but do these same differences exist for
> JRun?

As far as I can tell, there's no difference between the web server used by
CFMX for JRun and that used by the "standalone" CFMX Enterprise or
Professional. So, yes, I imagine that the same differences exist, whatever
they are. Macromedia simply states that you shouldn't use it for production
use, and I've never tried to.

> For a relatively low-traffic, internally used site, does
> it matter if I go into the jrun.xml file and change the
> port fro 8100 to 80 and just go with that?

Probably not. However, if you're using any of the extra functionality that
your web server might provide, obviously you won't get that with the JRun
web server. For example, server authentication - that's something I rely on
quite a bit. Personally, I'd rather use IIS or Apache anyway just because I
feel they're easier to manage.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496