> > What's the advantage of running through a webserver such
> > as Apache versus the web server that's built in to JRun?
> > Mind you, I'm talking about *CFMX FOR JRUN*, not CFMX
> > standalone. I know about the standalone performance
> > differences, but do these same differences exist for
> > JRun?
>
> As far as I can tell, there's no difference between the web server used by
> CFMX for JRun and that used by the "standalone" CFMX Enterprise or
> Professional. So, yes, I imagine that the same differences exist, whatever
> they are. Macromedia simply states that you shouldn't use it for
production
> use, and I've never tried to.

Are your comments based on any sort of stress testing results or published
literature? I agree with what you're saying, but last time we made an
assumption about the two products being the same (Re: CFMX Enterprise vs.
CFMX for J2EE), MM chimed in and said there were some unexpected differences
between the two products. So I suppose I was hoping that Sean or Phil or
somebody else at MM could weigh in with the "official" response. However,
that being said, I have been proceeding on the premise that what you said is
how it is.

> > For a relatively low-traffic, internally used site, does
> > it matter if I go into the jrun.xml file and change the
> > port fro 8100 to 80 and just go with that?
>
> Probably not. However, if you're using any of the extra functionality that
> your web server might provide, obviously you won't get that with the JRun
> web server. For example, server authentication - that's something I rely
on
> quite a bit. Personally, I'd rather use IIS or Apache anyway just because
> feel they're easier to manage.

Good call on authentication. I got so hung up on potential performance
differences that I forgot about the obvious!

Thanks again,
Dave.