Ohhh, one more thing. Here is the url

http://www.tinetics.com/login/main.cfm

Thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bailey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 12:31 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFLOGIN Problems

After finally getting down and dirty with MX, it seems that I find every
server has a different problem. This is starting to get irritating. Here
is my new problem, hopefully one of you has seen this and may be able to
help me out.

I simplified the script since it did not work when I uploaded it to my
host. Worked fine on my local machine and 2 other client's hosts, so I
am not sure what the problem is.

My first page is simply:
<cflogin>
<cfloginuser name="robert" password="bailey" roles="general">
</cflogin>
<CFOUTPUT>
Logged in User: <b>#getAuthUser()#</b>
</CFOUTPUT>
<BR>
<A HREF="check.cfm">Check to see status</A><BR>
<A HREF="logout.cfm">logout</A>

This shows the logged in user. But it does not carry over to any other
pages. If I go to check.cfm, there is no user returned. Here is the code
for check.cfm, again, very simple:

<CFOUTPUT>
User Logged In: #getAuthUser()#<br>
</CFOUTPUT>

<A HREF="main.cfm">Login Again</A>

Anyone have this problem before?

One last thing, here is my application.cfm page, for those that may
think the error is there. I am just not understanding as it is working
on other servers. Maybe they have something misconfigured and one of you
can help me figure out what it is :)

<!--- SET THE APPLICATION NAME --->
<cfapplication name="tinetics" clientmanagement="Yes"
sessionmanagement="Yes" sessiontimeout="30" applicationtimeout="30">

<!--- SET ERROR PAGE --->
<!--- <cferror type="EXCEPTION" template="error/error.cfm"
mailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"> --->

<!--- SET THE DEFAULT DSN --->
<CFSET attributes.dsn = "tinetics">

<!--- SET THE DEFAULT ACTION --->
<CFPARAM name="action" default="home">

<!--- SET THE DEFAULT ADMIN EMAIL --->
<CFSET attributes.admin_email = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

I changed the app id in the CFLOGIN tag already incase it was not
defaulting to the application specified in the application.cfm, but did
the same thing.
Thanks for any help any of you can give me during these troubled times.

Robert

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]