Answers below your questions...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Doom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: Visual Fusion - Thoughts?

> It sounds interesting.  I do have a few questions, though:
>
> How will they connect to datasources?  Or does the data have to be
> internalized?
 A -  They would connect to Datasources via JDBC just like CFMX does
currently. At setup the JDBC database installation would be created and
therefore it would allow the application to connect to it. Think of it as
EXACTLY like CFML Server, just without the browser :)

> Will there be any cross-platform versions?  Will there be the ability to
> compile to a Java app, perhaps with different wrappers for different
> systems?
 A - This might come later, for now I just want to get it all working and
functional! hehe

> What version of CFML will be supported?  5?  MX?  How good is the
> compatibility?
 A - I'm currently working with the CFMX structure, began on the 5.0
structure, but had to upgrade to MX to allow new functionalities :)

> I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's enough harrassment for now, eh?

:)