I can see EVERY ip/traffic coming in.... if I dont like it, I lock it down
but the firewall does that automatically anyhow....it auto-blocks by default

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 January 2003 10:11
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Goodbye cruel world

Quoting "Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> but I still fail to see how a machine with a Sofware Firewall which
> blocks all inbound traffic unless user allowed is insecure...

Simple. I sent you a virus with some malware, you double click and the
malware
connects to me and I start giving commands.
Firewalls only look at who is initiating the connection, once it is
established
anything goes.

> As for email : I never open email up unless it is from a user or list I
> recognise - and my AV progs simply delete or detect malicious ones
> anyway....

We have received malware through this list as well (granted, incapacitated
by
the mailserver).

Jochem