Paul,

Like Howard mentioned, I think this is a problem with how you are maintaining state
rather than cvars themselves.  Here's a cfapplication statement from one of my apps
that is running on a single server and maintaining state via cvars:

<cfapplication
        name="CMPro_201"
        sessionmanagement="No"
        clientmanagement="Yes"
        applicationtimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,2,0,0)#">

Later on in application.cfm I do this:

<cfif isdefined ("cookie.CFID")>
         <cfif CompareNoCase(client.CFID,cookie.CFID)>
                 <cfset client.CFID=cookie.CFID>
                 <cfset client.CFTOKEN=cookie.CFTOKEN>
         </cfif>
</cfif>

So if it finds a different value in the cookie versus whatever is current it resets
the session ID back to the cookie value.  Between those two things I never have any
problems with losing the key pair, although appending all urls as mentioned and
testing all three or something like that would be safest.

 Matt Robertson,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com