> > I agree that Trim() should not influence a single quote. Nor should
> > HTMLEditFormat(). But both do, even without CFQUERYPARAM.

Please disregard the "even without CFQUERYPARAM" clause in the above
statement...that's not true. Can't imagine what in the world I was doing to
cause me to come to that conclusion. Totally not true. Erase, erase...

>You have to perform all operations on the variable before you use it
> in the SQL statement.

Not really. I mean, not if you're sending a form variable directly to
CFQUERYPARAM for a DB INSERT or UPDATE.

Maybe where the confusion comes in is that Trim() and HTMLEditFormat()
should be used to *display* information coming from the database, not to
manipulate the data before it goes in. CFQUERYPARAM does a great job of
getting the database to handle special characters for us, which is exactly
the point that Jochem was trying to get across, I'm sure.

But then I digressed... :)

~Dina