I was talking about running functions on the value, not about using
cfqueryparam.  I haven't tested with adding functions inside the value
attribute to the variable of cfqueryparam.  I was just offering the
observation that I've noticed the behavior of cfquery in general is that it
doesn't escape single quotes if you use functions on the value you are
passing in inside the query.  I tend to do all the processing on my
variables outside of cfquery/cfstoredproc.

--Andy